Monday, April 01, 2013

Struggling to find trails

Trail running is so much better than running on sidewalks near streets.  The only problem?  I don't live near any.  I'm a student, so I'm usually broke.  This means I'd prefer to save gas money and not drive to trails, but I am hating sidewalk running more and more each time.  The cars, noise, dust from the road, lights, and people all annoy me.  Then again, some trails can get secluded along the way, making it unsafe for me to run on alone anyways.  

So right now I am in search of a few safe and open, beautiful trails that would be about 10 times more enjoyable than running near roads and residential areas.  Hopefully I find something not too far away...although most of the longer trails are all the way downtown in the river valley, and I run 4 days a week or so.  I guess I'll just have to suck it up and drive to my running destinations.  

And by trail running, I don't mean running in the woods, or on gravel paths.  I haven't reached that point yet, and those trails are almost always secluded.  That would be a great goal one day if I had a running partner or something, though.  I just mean nice, paved bike trails.

Wish I lived here, looks beautiful by the water.

No comments:

Post a Comment