Tuesday, April 02, 2013

Half marathon

Well I have bad news.  I have just changed my marathon to a half marathon.  Am I disappointed?  Embarrassed?  Sad?  YES.  But I have thought about it and decided this will be a more realistic goal.  I have only been running for a year, and last year didn't get too serious.  I need to learn more, and get more kms under my belt before attempting a marathon.  I would love to still do it, but decided I would be happier going into a half marathon confidently, and a marathon when I feel I have trained enough and am more ready.  

I want to attempt a full marathon later in the year, but I already have too many races this year.  I will probably just wait till next year.  Here's to my half marathon!  Now I can focus on increasing my pace and other factors, as well.  54 more days!

1 comment:

  1. Don't ever feel embarrassed for deciding to put your sanity and health first! You are going to be amazing!

    ReplyDelete