Tuesday, March 05, 2013

My Running Journal

This is my first post.  I've decided to start this blog to keep track of my running progress, goals, and races I accomplish.  My lovely friend Janine recommended I start this!  The last time I tried blogging, I hardly even got started.  This time I'm excited to track my running journey and connect with other runners for tips and encouragement.

I'm not a marathon runner yet, but I plan to be by May 26, 2013! http://www.saskmarathon.ca/

That`s right, I am going to run my very first marathon this year!  Scary thought, seeing as I just started running seriously about a week ago.  That gives me less than 3 months less to train for it, but I will work my way up and train safely and quickly.  

I`m loving my new minimalist Asics--even though they look like a highlighter...
 Also loving my new XL comfy hoodie that Nathan bought for me last week!  I can`t wait to bundle up in it during and after runs and races (to show off).
 
More to come soon on my running progress and goals!

5 comments:

  1. Lovely first post! Did you buy a pair of those fancy shoes?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank-you! I did purchase them, yes. My dad found them on ebay for $90 including all shipping and duty costs in a teal color!! Now to wait for them to arrive.

      Delete
    2. what are the pink and yellow ones in your pic?

      Delete
    3. They're Asics Gel Lyte33. I love them too, such a great running shoe!

      Delete
  2. What a good dad you have. He must want you to run fast

    ReplyDelete